Thursday, January 19, 2012

MAC & Sephora Haul

Went to the mall yesterday to pick up some goodies :)


MAC was the first foundation I ever owned. Way back in high school I had the Studio Fix Powder and from what I remember I liked it, but eventually strayed away and ventured into other brands as my love for makeup expanded. I confess, I also purposely stayed away from MAC foundations because I'd hear of how they broke people out and how it looked cakey and yada yada yada. But here I am, 10+ years later, and only now making my way back to MAC's foundation. I did pick up the Studio Fix again, but this time the Fluid version. And now my shade is an NC42!! Holy tan! I swear I used to be in the 30's. 

My previous foundations were Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Mat Velvet+. Both are full coverage foundations, and for both, I never had an exact skin match. I had to bend and get the closest one. I hate that. For the MAC Studio Fix, I swear NC42 couldn't get more perfect as far as a match. As far as coverage, it covers my flaws waaaaaaaay more. I can't believe I'm posting a close up of my skin for the world to see, but here goes...
Barf! I know. Well anyhoo, you can see it covered my freckles and pimples fairly well, and this was only two thin applications of the Studio Fix. I'm sure if I packed it on, I could have gotten a heavier coverage. Sorry, this picture is gross, it looked a lot better on a NON-closeup. I didn't even use a concealer on the blemishes either. Pretty good huh?!

Back to the haul, I also picked up MAC's Select Cover Up in NW35 and it did pretty well in covering up my dark circles under the eye. It's a thin, watery consistency, but covers well and dries very matte. I hate when concealers dry with a sheen. Really, what's the point of that?! If anything, it draws more attention to the flaws rather then concealing them.

I also picked up MAC's lipstick in Fast Play. It's the Amplified formula and I love how pigmented it is. On me the color wears as a Brownish Mauve with a Pinkish undertone. This could be an everyday color for me.

Fast Play top: no flash, bottom: flash
Fast Play: No Flash                            Flash
Went to Sephora and picked up two MUFE Rouge Artist Intense lipsticks in 20 and 32. MUFE lipsticks are well pigmented but it doesn't glide on very smoothly. I feel like I had to really work the lipstick back and forth to get an even application. It also feels just a tad sticky on the lips. Other than that, I can't complain.

MUFE Rouge Artist Instense 20 is described as a "pearly rust" and it's a BEAUTIFUL color the pictures just don't do it justice. Really, go swatch it at Sephora and you will see how beautiful it is in person. It's a rust color with gold color glitter reflects in it. So pretty. This is my new favorite shade. Again, these pics are just Meh. It shows as a red in the pictures.


MUFE 20: No Flash                          Flash
MUFE 20 top: no flash, bottom: flash














MUFE Rouge Artist 32 is described as a "satin soft pink" and it's just that. It was definitely a color I was missing in my collection. All of my pinks seem to be wild, vibrant pinks. This is more of an everyday pink. I'm diggin' it.
MUFE 32: No Flash                           Flash
MUFE 32 top:No Flash, bottom: Flash

2 comments: